Wednesday, April 8, 2015

First day of Romeo and Juliet!

Today was the first day of my Romeo and Juliet unit with my 9th graders. I think it went pretty well, but I did end up with about 15 minutes of extra time at the end of my lecture about the history/biography of Shakespeare. I also am a bit worried on how to make the info more exciting for them. I wonder if it's just this class period (which, to be honest, it might just be them and their lack of care for anything related to school) or if it was my information, or the way I presented it.
Hmm... probably should ask my CT what she thinks.

Friday I get to spend 2 whole hours with them! Yay...
We're going to do a Shakespearean insult challenge, after they get basic information regarding the structure of Shakespeare. You know, iambic pentameter, sonnets, soliloquies, etc.

Like I said, I think that the lesson went pretty well. Better than I was expecting, to be honest. I know it's hard to lecture. And it's hard to be a student sitting through lecture. I did tell them that it was important that they know some of the biography/history of Shakespeare, but I don't think that's the most important thing for them to learn about Romeo and Juliet.

So I'm a bit stumped, but have some things to try for tomorrow. Talk then!

No comments:

Post a Comment